Sunday, August 17, 2008

Reflections

It has been a while since my last post, it has been pretty crazy around here. My life has been in limbo and utter chaos for the last month. Some of you may know that we had applied for a job at the college in Thatcher and were really hoping that we would get it. That is really where we want to raise our family. I was called to interview and I don't think I have been that nervous for a very long time. We prayed and fasted about it a lot, but I never got a definite answer that this was what we were suppose to do. So we left it up to the Lord, if we were meant to go it would happen. So, we didn't get the job, and I am okay with it. We are here for a reason, I just need to find out what that reason is. All of this has been such a growing experience for me. I am so thankful for the trials that the Lord has given me to strengthen me. I know He is there for me no matter what it is that I am going through. We have really been struggling with what to do with Brock & school. He has really struggled since school started back. I think he and I both cried every day. After a lot of prayer and discussion we have decided to put him back in Kindergarten. I cannot believe the charge in him and his attitude. Before he would come home and say things like "I suck Mom" or "I'm stupid", it broke my heart. On Friday when I went to pick him up he was beaming and ran up to me and said, "Mom, I had the bestest day ever!" That was all I needed to hear, I know we are doing the right thing. I want him to have the confidence and knowledge he will need to succeed in life. I am so thankful for my kids and all that they teach me, I am so glad that they chose me! Jackson also started pre-school and is loving it! He has grown up so much in the last month, I am so proud of him. Porter is so smart too, he takes everything in. He repeats everything we say and he is so sweet. I am so thankful for my family. So those are my reflections on the last month of life in the Conrad house.

12 comments:

Stacey Mowers and Family said...

What a hard decision to make about Brock, you obviously made to righ one by his reaction of the first day. That made me tear up about him saying "he sucks" no kid should ever feel that way.

That stinks about the job, I know that is really where you guys want to be. Something better must be in store for you guys.

Ashlee said...

I'm so glad Brock is doing better in school now that you moved him. It tore my heart out to hear him say he's stupid! Poor guy. Sorry about the job, I hope you can figure out what you are suppose to be doing. I admire your faith. Love ya lots!

Farris said...

I'm glad you got Brock back in Kindergarten since that's what you wanted to do all along. I'm sure it will help him out and make him a happier boy. Love ya.

Four Boys and A BABE said...

I love you Misty.....Thank you for that. I knew you would do what your heart was tellling you to do all along. As mothers I believe we were blessed with an intuition when our children are at stake. We do what is best for them despite what others may think. You are amazing and THANK YOU for letting me be your friend.

Elli

Katlyn Papa said...

So much better hu? I am so glad that you are feeling better about things. Brock will do wonderful in Kindergarten and then next year he will be a happy boy in first grade. You are an awesome mom, and sometimes those decisions are hard to make, but at the end of the day I just ask myself if they are happy when they are at home, and if they are, that's all that really matters. The rest is just fluff. He is a beautiful little boy! Love Ya!

michelle rasor said...

misty, i love you. you are amazing. i'm thankful for us you are still here. i'm sooo happy for brock. good for you to listen for guidance. he'll be great! you are an amazing mom. amazing.

Joy said...

That stinks that you didn't get the job, but I'm sure there will be other jobs down there. That's where we'd like to end up too.

Ryan and Tenneal said...

Do you REALLY want Porter to repeat EVERYTHING you say? I'm glad you're staying here.

a. rhoton said...

Misty,
I happened onto your blog and read about your little Brock. . . Being a 33 year veteran kinder teacher I was interested in your views. . . great choice mom. . .moms know their children and little boys often need that great support of "gift of time". . . cute kids, bet Pam and Scott love them to death. sis. rhoton

Mindful Mothering said...

Wow, decisions can be so hard with little ones and with moving the family! Sound like you made a great one... I love seeing kids beaming when they feel like they are succeeding :-)

Mandy said...

I deal with those same things everyday. I feel like I was reading my own post seriously. Keenan has had the worst time with bullies the last few years and Bella cries every day because she doesn't wanna go to school. We have pre 1st here so she is doing that but she is the baby and is so immature. So anyways, I know it's hard. O the joys of mother hood! I wish I could make it all go away for them. Love ya.

Dawn said...

So glad you came to a decision that makes you both happy. It's certainly no fun when you both dread getting up and it's worse when you get home! Good luck with kindergarted again, he'll be the brightest boy there!