I just wanted to give a shout out to my good friend Jennifer. One year closer to 30! I hope you have a great day! Let's go to lunch one of these days and celebrate our birthday's (without our children, not that you don't want them there, but we need some girl time). It was great seeing you the other day. Happy Birthday!
Sunday, April 6, 2008
It was haircut time in the Conrad house. Until now, I had never let Ryan cut Porter's hair. I had tried at one time, but I did not go this short. Ryan likes the buzz on the boys. I love having boys and not having to worry too much about hair. I would probably loose it if I had girls. I am good if the boys get their hair combed before church, usually I am just trying to smooth down the stragglers on the way into church. Anyhow, here are some pics of the new cuts.
Crew did not want anything to do with pictures. We had to get his attention on something else before we could get a smile.
We love you guys!
I think this was one of my very favorite conferences ever! To be part of sustaining a new prophet was so awesome. I got the chills when they asked everyone to stand at the conference center and sustain Pres. Monson, it was amazing. And to think that millions of people were watching and sustaining him as well. I am so thankful to have a prophet to lead and guide us and I know that Pres. Monson was chosen by God, I love that man!
All the talks were great. My kids would sit still every once in a while and listen. I think that even when you think they are not listening, something gets in. I just hope I can do all I can to teach them everything they need to know.
Thursday, April 3, 2008
I am finally getting around to responding to Melissa's TAG - sorry!
If money, time and babysitting were no object, where would you go and who would you go with?
I would have to say a beach somewhere, anywhere, preferably tropical. Of course I would love to spend it with Ryan. Time alone with him is getting more difficult with his work schedule and having to find a babysitter. Our new get away together is to go put the kids in the kids club at the gym and play racquetball, he even lets me win some. Love you babe!
When was the last time you cried?
I know I have recently, but I can't remember why!
5 things you were doing 10 years ago 1998
1. Dating Ryan.
2. Going to school at ASU.
3. Living with Brandy Jo - when she was there!
4. Working for a collection agency & then for a market research firm.
5. Getting married!
5 things you were doing 5 years ago 2003
1. Enjoying my first little boy Brock!
2. Working part-time as an office manager at a retirement community.
3. Working on our backyard that was dirt for 2 years.
4. Missing Ryan being gone a lot with work, school and coaching!
5. Either my life is really boring or I have a horrible memory, cause nothing else is coming to mind.
5 things you were doing a year ago 2007
1. Being mom to 3 crazy amazing boys!
2. Den leader for the wolf pack in our ward.
3. Brock started kindergarten!
4. Jackson potty trained himself (pretty much anyway - he was so easy compared to Brock who took 6 months!)
5. Enjoying Porter's first year and waiting for him to walk, finally happened at 17 months!
7 favorite hobbies
1. Reading (Ryan hates it!)
2. Working out
4. Date night (is that a hobby)
5. Blogging, when I have time.
6. I just realized my hobby should be finding a new hobby!
5 favorite foods
1. Sweet Pork
2. Steak w/ onions & mushrooms
4. Anything Italian
5. Anything Mexican
5 Places you've been
Mackinac Island, MI
San Diego, CA
Las Vegas, NV
5 favorite memories
1. My wedding day! It was the end of July in Mesa, but that morning it was overcast and we were able to get our pictures done before it started to rain. Our ceremony was perfect and the sun was shining when we came out!
2. Definitely the birth of my kids. Brock's delivery I would love to forget, but seeing him for the first time was amazing! The other two deliveries were cake and I am so blessed to have these three spirits in my home.
3. Vacationing with my family as a kid. We didn't have a lot, but we still had the greatest adventures. We would just camp along the way. My favorite memories are camping and being in the outdoors. Colorado was one of our favorite places.
4. Hanging out with my Granny, eating spam sandwiches, hicama and dilly bars from Dairy Queen. I really miss her.
5. Girls vacation to San Diego with my girls Casey Ann, Nicole, Cyndi & Randa. We had so much fun just laying on the beach and relaxing. We were all pregnant at the time. Miss you girls!
I tag Casey Ann, Leslie & Tenneal!