Friday, December 14, 2007

Visit to Philly

We just got back from our trip to Philadelphia. What a trip, it was great. Ryan rented GPS for our car so that we wouldn't get lost, but when you make two wrong turns, the GPS doesn't always take you the shortest (or safest) route to your destination. We ended up driving through West Philly, the worst part of town and people are so rude! We got honked at a lot. While it was a little scary, it was cool to see everything. I love the architecture out there. Ryan & I went into the city the first day and I was able to see all of historic Philadelphia. We toured Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell. It was so cool to hear all the stories about how our country was formed. I am so thankful for all the sacrifices that those men and women made to give us the freedoms that we have today.

Us next to the Liberty Bell.


Independence Hall. The statue in the front is of George Washington.


This is the Franklin building.


This is the court room inside Independence Hall.


This is the assembly room where the Declaration of Independence was finalized.


And here we are, freezing our buns off! It wasn't bad until the wind kicked up.

The next day we spent with the Cullens. This is really the reason we went. Ryan got really close to this family. He always said that he felt like they were the reason he was sent to Philadelphia. The oldest son, David Jr., just got home from a mission to England. It was so great to meet them. They are a such a great family. I felt like I already new them and we had a great time. We went with them to a Christmas tree farm to get their Christmas tree. Then they introduced me to my first Philly Cheesesteak. I have to admit, I was skeptical, but it was sooooo good. The next day we were able to go the David's homecoming, and Ryan got to see a lot of people from his mission. It was a great experience and I am so glad that we were able to go. I think the only bad part was the flight home. It took us almost 10 hours to get home because of delays, but well worth it. A great memory.


I think the boys had a blast with Nana & Papa. I am not so sure it was such a blast for them. Nana survived two days by herself with them, then Papa took over on Saturday and helped them build a snowman. Thank you Mom & Dad!

No comments: