Sunday, October 5, 2008

Staples?!!!

As Ryan says, "We have been living on borrowed time." With three boys now we have finally had our first head split open, and for Jackson it was staples, not stitches. We were in Thatcher at the football game and they were letting off fireworks after the game. Jackson was looking up at the fireworks and must have lost his balance and fell back and hit his head on the bleacher behind him. Blood was going everywhere and Brock was freaking out, I think he thought Jackson was going to die. The paramedics looked him over and offered to take him to the hospital (yeah right, I am not paying for an ambulance ride), but Ryan spotted Aaron Allen in the stands and had him take a look and see if he could stitch him up. Aaron went for supplies and met us back at Ryan's parents house. He showed up with STAPLES! I did not like that idea, but he said by the time he numbed him to do stitches he would be just as upset. Well by that time Jackson was asleep, so he slept through the first two staples, but the stapler jammed and he woke up and was very upset when they put the third one in. It was quite an ordeal, he cried himself back to sleep and slept all night. Now I just have to worry about getting those staples out, that should be fun!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Ouch! Wow, you really have been living on borrowed time! So sad, especially when the brothers are so scared for him. Staples are no fun! Hope he heals soon!

Melis said...

Oh Misty, I'm so sorry! Poor kid. I think Brock was so sweet to be so worried. Gives a meaning to Brotherly Love. I hope he's feeling better now. How do they remove staples? Good luck with that.

Four Boys and A BABE said...

I know that feeling all to well. London had stitches in her chin and I cried as hard as she did. Seeing the pic makes my tummy hurt....poor boy!! Who takes out the staples???

Elli

Linde said...

How sad! Hope he is feeling better! This is probably just the first of many. Ouch!

Kasey Sass said...

Poor guy! I hope he feels better soon,

Lee Anne said...

I think I would have freaked out. Such a little trooper. Glad you all survived it.

Cami said...

Ouch! Poor kid. We ahve a had few of those kind of nights. Not fuN!