Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas Time!

I absolutely love Christmas, the smell, the feeling, the look, the sound - everything! I think it started with our Christmas' at Granny's house. Every year we would get up early and open our presents and then go to Granny's for breakfast with all the of the cousins, and there were a lot of us. I always loved getting together with everyone, so our Christmas' have always been big. So, when I married into a family with two children and no close (by proximity) extended family it was a big change. I still enjoyed it, but always felt like something was missing. That all changed this Christmas. Ryan's Aunt Carla and six of her nine children and their families joined us in Thatcher for Christmas. It was so much fun. Aunt Carla had the cuttest scrapbook projects for us to do, the boys golfed, played basketball, and ultimate ping-pong, we did a huge gift exchange and we ate a lot. I have to give huge thanks to Dawn and Joan for hosting and preparing all the meals. It was great! We even got a visit from Santa Claus on Christmas Eve. We are so thankful for our family! We love you guys. I am sorry to say I don't have many pictures. I am a slacker when it comes to taking pictures at big gatherings, it is always an afterthought.

We also attempted a family picture, which did not go well. No one wanted to cooperate, especially Jackson. So you get to see the back of his head. I did get a cute one of Brock and Jackson and one of Ryan and Poe.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Looks like you had a great holiday. I think change with new family and traditions is hard, but always fun to make new memories. It's even harder without snow! happy new year!

Nicki said...

Your boys are too cute! Sounds like a fun Christmas!

Linde said...

Sounds like you had fun! It's always so fun with lots of little cousins. Cute little boys.

Ashlee said...

cute pictures! I can't believe how big they are all getting! Glad you had a nice holiday! Miss you!

Mandy said...

Misty you have such a cute little family. Crazy all those boys and you, you need a girl! Talk to you soon.