Monday, January 14, 2008

The Fiery Darts!

I have to say that I have struggled getting my boys to pay attention during family home evening. Their attention span is not so good. We have been reading about Captain Moroni and putting on our spiritual armor. So we talked about what each part of the armor meant, then they each got to dress up in their armor to fight off the fiery darts (marshmallows). It was the best FHE we have ever had. It was a blast and I think they actually learned something.
After they broke my spatula, all utensils were fair game. Ryan had a lot of fun throwing the fiery darts and the kids enjoyed eating them.

7 comments:

Angie Colwell said...

Hey, great idea for family home evening. I will definately use it. My kids won't pay attention either and I have a small time frame (cause of monday night football hahaha). Love ya, hope you guys are doing good

Ashlee said...

Great idea! I will have to remeber that one! We have just started doing FHE with Mason, it lasts about 3 minutes!!!

Kasey Sass said...

Awww... SO cute! I saw your message on my blog and had to swing by and check yours out. You look great and your boys are gorgeous!! It's hard to believe how fast the time has flown by. I hope all is well... Talk to you soon!

Jennifer said...

If it works I'll take it..great idea Mist

Nicki said...

What a great idea and what a creative mom you are!!

Dawn said...

I struggle with the same thing. I think all of us do at this age. I guess that FHE lesson was a great hit, I'll have to give it a try. My boys usually get into trouble and get sent to bed. Not fair for Megan, she loves FHE!

Kates said...

Your boys are so cute! This is Katie Davis by the way. I am not sure what I would do with boys. Your's are so stinking cute, I can't believe how long it has been since I have seen you. I think the last time I saw you guys you didn't have any kids and now you have 3!!! I hope you guys are doing great! I love it that we can keep in touch this way!