Friday, February 22, 2008

Things of Value

I am not sure why I am posting this, but I have been thinking a lot lately about the things that matter the most to me and the things I value. I think it is so easy to get caught up in the every day grind and not realize how very blessed we are. I complain constantly about messes and kids, and I have to stop and remember the big picture. What would my life be without those messes, usually made by those kids. They have brought me more joy than I ever could have imagined. I am so blessed to have them in my life, and a loving husband to complete our family. I can't imagine life without them. And I am so thankful for the gospel and my loving Savior, who gives purpose to all of this. Ryan's mom gave me a Gratitude Journal for Christmas and you are to write 5 things that you are grateful for that day. I think that has helped me realize all the many things that I have to be grateful for and maybe I should spend a little more time thinking about that. Well I must end this post to go rescue Jackson from another painful accident. He has all my couch cushions in his room jumping off his bunk bed, and we don't have insurance. You gotta love em'!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Misty, I know what you mean! I forget too how thankful I am to just be me and have what I have. Journaling helps me remember it and appreciate it more often. We have a family journal that we write in at dinner time at the end of each day. Everyone says what their favorite part of the day is. That has helped my boys be positive and think of things they are thankful for and it is quick and easy. How are you! I love the new blog look! Can you e-mail me your mailing address? My e-mail is spseekins@consolidated.net.

Melis said...

I love your new look too. I LOVE this blog entry too. Thanks.

Mandy said...

Thanx for sharin such an uplifting post, I need to start doing the journal thing too, great idea. your page looks cute! love ya

Joy said...

I agree, sometimes we all just need to take a time out and realize how blessed we all are!

Linde said...

Loved your post. What a great reminder. What would we do without our little stinkers. Love the journal idea.

Jennifer said...

Sorry about Friday, I didn't think we were leaving until later, so we'll have to try again this week. I like your new page by the way:)
Call me.

Mindful Mothering said...

Thanks for sharing - gratitude journaling is something I could do more of. Remembering the things I am grateful for is sometimes the only thing that gets me through a chaotic day :-)

Nicki said...

I started a gratitude journal this year too. I love it. It helps on those bad days when you wonder what the heck you are doing and what this life is all about. Thanks for sharing! Love your blog!