Tuesday, February 26, 2008

1 2 3 Kawabonga!

Okay, does anyone remember playing that game on the trampoline? I am reminiscing because we just got a trampoline yesterday. I was so excited for my kids, because we have been promising them for a while that we would get them something for the back yard. So we got home and Ryan's brother came over to help and we thought it would take an hour or so to put it together. Boy were we wrong. It took 4 1/2 hours! I let the boys stay up because they wanted to jump so bad. I think Jackson crashed at about 9:30, but Brock hung in there until it was finished. Even though it takes up most of our yard I can't wait to share with my kids some of the best memories I have as a kid, sleeping on the tramp, putting the sprinkler under the tramp on a hot day. At least it is a little safer now with the nets.


After 4 1/2 hours, the final strap!
This is Brock's 100th time asking if it is finished!
The ball of fire that is Jackson finally burned out Brock was on cloud 9!Jackson got his turn today and he does a pretty sweet front flip. Remember when the guys used to go head first into the trampoline and tuck and do a flip at the last second? That is what Jackson does.

16 comments:

Mandy said...

Some of my greatest and SCARIEST memories of your backyard and trampoline!! You probably know what I'm talking about I still get teased. Looks like lots of fun! Love ya.

Adam said...

Did you get your HOA approval??? Just kidding. Looks like mucho fun.

Melis said...

Good for you! It's so good to get the kids out of the house doing something active, istn't it?

Dawn said...

I loved your trampoline! I loved it becasue my parents wouldn't let us have one and I remember sneaking cold cereal onto the tramp and bouncing with it. Just in case you forgot, we got busted. Sorry!

Kates said...

Oh fun!! There is nothing like a trampoline! Your boys are so cute, they are so excited!

Angie Colwell said...

I can remember a lot of people getting hurt on your tramp (Johnny...hahaha I hope he was able to have kids)

Angie Colwell said...

k, i just realized I am not on your friend list. so sad.

Jennifer said...

With three crazy boys, it's a good thing you got the safety nets:).

Linde said...

I remember having slumber parties and eating carmelos and doing back flips on your all summer! Hope your kids have a blast!

The Mullenaux Family said...

That's sweet! I love trampoline's! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Kleinmans said...

I love the pics of your boys! So cute!! My boys would love to come jump sometime! Looks so fun. I don't think I can jump anymore without wearing depends or something. Sad, huh!! I found your blog thru Tenneal's. our address is http://web.mac.com/michellekleinman

Nicki said...

Lucky boys! I can't wait until we have our backyard landscaped so we can get one. How did we ever survive without those nets????

allisonj_2004 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
allisonj_2004 said...

Misty I was looking at mandys blog and saw your name and had to check it out. You have cut kids. They will love the trampoline. Mine were all under 4 when we got ours last year and it was a life saver. It was a nice break for me and it wore them right out.

Ashlee said...

so fun! it's good they come with nets now, i agree whole heartedly!!

Ashlee Draper said...

Hey! I'm glad you found our blog too! I love the trampoline story...we have to get another one since Tyson did not want to move our old one from our old house when we moved! (I can't imagine why, they are so fun to take apart and put together!)