Monday, May 5, 2008

Catching up!

It seems that lately I am playing catch up with everything, my house work, my calling, my blog, and all those other things that we have to do. Maybe I am taking on too much lately. I do know that I need to take more time for those things that are most important, like attending the temple. I am so excited about our new temples! To have one so close and also to have one the the Gila Valley will be so awesome. We would really like to end up there. In our stake conference a few weeks ago, our Stake President spoke about how much harder Satan will be working on all of us since the new temples were announces and how it is so important that we make time for the temple, no matter how inconvenient. I have such a testimony of the temple! Pres. Riggs promised us that if we would attend our families would be blessed. It amazes me how we can know this and yet Satan works on us so hard and makes us think that we don't have time, or we can't find or afford a babysitter, or we have too much else to do. I have got to stop making excuses, so this is a warning to all of you close by, I may be asking you to babysit my hoodlums so we can go to the temple, we would love to return the favor!

Anyhow, changing the subject. One of the things that has keep me so busy is my new project of updating my bedroom furniture. It is quality furniture, just needed a little update. I forgot to take a picture of the dresser before I started, but here is a picture of the headboard, which I still have to do.

I wasn't sure I was happy with the color, I thought it should be darker, but once I got it in the bedroom, I loved it! I will have to take more when I finish everything.

6 comments:

Katlyn Papa said...

Thanks!You are a sweetheart!I love the dresser.You need to come and help me with mine.Tell me how the refrigerator locks go.I need some too.

Farris said...

I really like how your dresser turned out. You're so motivated...I don't think I would have the patience for that. Looks good!

Jennifer said...

I've been wondering what you were up too...the dresser looks great and That picture of Ryan with those teeth is so funny!

Mandy said...

I hear ya about being so busy! Loved to hear a bit of your testimony, it always strengthens me to hear others. How fun redecorating too!!

Joy said...

Looks pretty good Misty...can you come help me remodel my bathroom!

The Mullenaux Family said...

Wow. Nice job!