Sunday, May 11, 2008

Lip Piercing!

Okay, so I found out yesterday that I do not do well in crisis situations. Not that this was a crisis, but I can't imagine what I would be like if it was. I probably would have just passed out! Anyhow, Brock was laying with me on my bed and he was trying to open the box of shirts that Ryan had just bought and of course I had asked him to stop and the next thing I knew I looked over and the metal hook that they use to hang them was through his lip. I flipped out. I screamed for Ryan because there was no way that I could pull that thing out. I was thinking now that I wish I had a picture, but that was not going through my mind at the moment. And what do you say to your child, "Hold on with that hook in your face for just one minute while mom gets the camera."? Anyhow, it doesn't look so bad now that the hook is out, but I still get sick to my stomach every time I think about it.

13 comments:

Farris said...

OUCH! I'm really suprised that you haven't ended up in the emergency room with three boys yet. Happy Mothers Day Misty, Love Ya!!

Kasey Sass said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That's one heck of a hook! Good thing you went ahead and skipped the photo op!

Joy said...

Can I just say..... OUCH! I would have freaked out too!

Jennifer said...

I can't believe it went all the way through! It was so fun to see you yesterday, we need to get together more often!

Ashlee said...

Holy Cow! I would have freeked out! I do not do well with injuries! I dread the day Mason gets really hurt, I will probably just freeze and look at him not knowing what to do!

Dawn said...

ouch! That is really sad! Just remind him when he's older and wants a piercing that he's already had one and it was BAAAD!

Linde said...

Misty you crack me up! Poor little guy. I wish you would have gotten a picture but it is probably better that you didn't!

The Mullenaux Family said...

Misty,

You are one tuff Mom! I don't know what I would have done. Can I just say how adorable all three of your boys are. I love looking at all your picturs. love ya
Cyndi

Ashlee Draper said...

Oh my gosh! That is so crazy!! It was so much fun rocking out with you guys!!! Sorry I got sick! Call us next time you guys are in town..

Ryan and Tenneal said...

I would of freaked out for sure!

The Mullenaux Family said...

That's funny. Not sure Ryan would've been any help. He went into "crysis" mode a few years back when Brock got his head stuck between the rails on the Mack's staircase and FROZE till Adam rescued both of them and pulled Brock's head out. LOL!

Adam said...

True dat, Steve. Ryan may have passed out at the sight of that hook-stache Brock concocted inadvertently.
Yeah, I finally had to install one of those kids gates in front of the stairs so Ryan and Brock couldn't "head" up stairs anymore.

Adam

Colleen said...

love checking in to "see" your boys! be careful when you take that little rascal fishing! Looked like it hurt but he handled it so well and so did his MOM!