Sunday, July 27, 2008

10 Years!

On July 23rd, Ryan and I had our 10 year wedding anniversary. I can't believe it has been 10 years. We have had our ups and downs, but I would not give anything for the time I have shared with my best friend. Ryan is not a very patient person, but he is patient with me and my nagging, which seems to get worse with age. I guess that is what marriage is about though, overlooking (or at least trying) each others faults and loving each other in spite of them. I love you babe and can't wait to see what the next 10 years will bring us!
I know many would think that after 10 years you would do something grand for your anniversary, and I had planned to, but with our life in limbo and being a little chaotic, we decided to make it simple. Ryan has planned some amazing anniversaries, so I had my work cut out for me. I had planned to take him to hit balls and the driving range (he is obsessed with golf) and go to dinner. He mentioned that he had heard about a virtual golf course that just opened up, so I looked into it and made a tee time. We had a blast! I haven't played golf since I was at ASU, so eight years ago. But it slowly came back to me. We then went to dinner at BJ's. It was a great day.



Ryan gave me these beautiful flowers. It was so sweet. I could tell he hadn't bought the vase, but I couldn't figure out where he had gotten it from, until I realized that my dried flowers were missing from my bathroom. He decided since they were "dead" he could throw them out. Men!

8 comments:

Farris said...

Happy late anniversary! We thought about you two on that day. We didn't do anything for our 11 year because Billy flew out to Vegas on the 23rd. Oh well...we had a fun 10th.

Kasey Sass said...

Congrats on 10 years!

LOVE your new page... very cute!

michelle rasor said...

happy anniversary! i think you were fancier with your 10 year anniversary than we were... i can't quite remember what we even did :)

Linde said...

Happy Anni! Isn't it amazing how fast it flies by! We didn't do anything too excititng either. I am hoping we will for our 15th!

Mindful Mothering said...

Wow! Happy 10th! Looks like a fun one :-)

Dawn said...

Congrats!! Wow, it sure flies, we are going to 10 years in March. Makes you wonder what the next 10 years will bring...

Joy said...

Congrats on 10 years!!!

The Mullenaux Family said...

Virtual golf is fun. Went there for a team builder at work. Nice! Happy Anny! :)