Sunday, July 27, 2008

24th of July in Thatcher!

We always try to go to the 24th of July celebration when it in Thatcher (it rotates between Thatcher, Safford and Pima). It is always the best in Thatcher! I was so excited for my kids to go, the fireworks are always amazing! They let them off right over the EAC football field, it is the coolest thing - the closest I have ever been to fireworks going off. Anyhow, the weather was not looking to good before the parade started but let up for the parade and then pretty much drizzled for the rest of the night. We went and ate at El Charro to get out of the rain and then went back for the fireworks. Well we sat there in the rain for about half and hour and I was soaked and I was sure they were not going to do the fireworks with the rain, so we headed back to Grandma and Grandpa's house. We weren't home for more than two minutes we we heard them start going off, so we watched from Grandma's office window. It was still fun and we stayed dry.

1 comment:

Farris said...

I missed being there for the 24th of July celebration. They always are so much fun!