Monday, September 29, 2008

Incomplete!

I am sitting here after another exhausting day of being a single parent. I have to say that I am a little proud of myself, I even made it to church with all three boys and didn't even cry once! (My boys take advantage when they know I can't catch them.) Jackson was the one I was worried about and he did so good. I have had my attention brought to the family proclamation several times in the last little while, so I have really started thinking about my role as mother and wife. With Ryan being gone a lot I have to say that I am a little more grouchy and impatient (with him and the kids). So I have really tried lately to take my role more seriously and really find joy in the now, to take the time to teach my kids and help their spirits grow. We were reading last night about Alma's analogy of faith being like a seed and Brock asked how he could plant his seed so he could have faith and I realized that I really need to try harder to bear testimony to my kids and share my faith with them to help them grow. I am so thankful for the gospel in my life and for my family. And I am so grateful to have a loving husband to share this journey with because even when he is not here, he is there to support me and listen to me go on, and on. He is so patient with me. I just want him to know how important he is to this family and we are not complete without him. We love you Dad and miss you tons!

No comments: